Friday, September 13, 2019

We Wrote A Class Poem Today !

After reading a poem called "At School", our class decided to take a leap and  write our own!  We call it "At School - The Sequel"..... Kids worked in teams of two to create their own couplets.  Together we constructed this amazing and fun poem!  Please enjoy!

At School - (the sequel :)

I once went swinging on the swing
When I was done, I lost my ring!
I run, run, run and it’s so much fun,
My friends and I like to run in the sun!
I got off the bus and forgot something on it
My tongue was in a twist and forgot to get back on it!
When I’m in art I draw with a pencil
I’m so good I don’t need a stencil!
We run on the playground in the bright morning sun,
And with our friends, it’s so much fun!
I get off the bus with my backpack on me,
With my math in my pack, done by my mommy.
I want to spread kindness and joy
I can do that by sharing my toy!
At recess I love to go down the slide
The best part of the day is playing outside!

-Written by Mrs. Berliner’s 2nd Grade Class - 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment